What are the differences between Rabi and Kharif Crop?
|These are the crops which are sown at the beginning of the rainy season, e.g. between April and May.
|They are the crops that are sown at the end of monsoon or at the beginning of winter season, e.g. between September and October.
|Kharif crops are known as monsoon crops.
|Rabi crops are also known as winter crops or spring crops.
|Kharif crops depend on the rainfall patterns.
|Rabi crops are not affected by the rainfall patterns.
|Rice, maize, cotton, Jowar, Bajra etc. are Rabi Crop
|Wheat, gram, peas, barley etc. are Kharif Crop.
|Kharif crops require a lot of water and hot weather to grow.
|Rabi crops need warm climate for seed germination and cold climate for the growth of crops.
|Kharif crop flowering requires shorter day length.
|Rabi crop flowering requires longer day length.
|It has harvesting months from September to October.
|It has harvesting months from March to April.
|North and north-western parts such as Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh are important for the production of wheat and other rabi crops.
|Assam, West Bengal, coastal regions of Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Maharashtra, particularly the (Konkan coast) along with Uttar Pradesh and Bihar are important for the production of Kharif Crop.
In between the rabi and the kharif seasons, there is a short season during the summer months known as the Zaid season.
Some of the crops produced during ‘Zaid’ are watermelon, muskmelon, cucumber, vegetables and fodder crops. Sugarcane takes almost a year to grow
- Rabi, Kharif and Zaid Crops
- Red and Yellow Soil
- Black Soil
- Alluvial Soils
- Soil of India
- The Earth
- Country Capital Currency
- Ports in India
- Layers of atmosphere
- Drainage System of India
- Motion in Physics – Definition, Laws, Types of Motion
- Sound and its related terms AAtoons Study
- Differences between Unicellular and Multicellular Organism
- Differences between Plant cell and animal cell
- Cell Structure and Functions list
- Elements and their Symbols with atomic numbers
- First 118 elements of the periodic table with their symbols and typical valences
- List of Important Abbreviations for various competitive exam
- Indoor and Outdoor games
- Human Body Facts
- Branches of Biology
- 11 Famous Slogans of Indian Freedom Fighters
- Fundamental Rights
- Writs of the Indian Constitution